RC7323 * MA-1 Flight Jacket * B
RC7323 * MA-1 Flight Jacket
Rothco’s MA-1 Flight Jacket features a fully reversible rescue orange polyester lining, and a 100% nylon water repellent outer shell to give a classic bomber jacket look.
Big Sizes: 3XL – 10XL
- Classic MA-1 Flight Jacket With Reversible Orange Polyester Lining
- Poly Fiberfill Adds Warmth For Cold Climates
- 100% Nylon Water Repellent Outer Shell
- Ribbed Knit Collar, Cuffs And Waistband
- Extra Full Cut For Comfortable Fit
- Two Front Slash Pockets And Two Inside Slash Pockets Offer Multiple Storage Options
- Zippered Utility Pocket With A Outside Pencil Pocket
- Zippered Front Closure With Double ‘MA-1’ Pull Tabs And Storm Flap
- Brass Zippers And Leather Pull Tabs Give A Classic Military Look
The MA-1 was initially produced in midnight blue and sage green.
Blue was the original color used by the military, but it was soon replaced by green.
During the Korean War (1950–1953) mixing flight clothing from multiple time periods and colors was not unusual.
Presumably, the green was eventually adopted because it blended more easily with the environment should the pilot need camouflage protection on the ground.
During the Vietnam War, there were variant commercial copies of MA-1 in camouflage pattern which were purchased by American servicemen.
While no longer issued by the United States military, it remains popular among many United States-allied armed forces (e.g. Israel, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan (ROC) and Thailand).