RC1730 * Combat Action Badge * A2
- Combat Action Badge
- Manufactured by a U.S. Factory and certified by the Institute of Heraldry
- The emblem features a rectangle supporting both an M9 bayonet and M67 grenade wrapped with an oak wreath.
- Stars are added at the top to indicate subsequent awards: one star for the second award, two stars for the third award, and three stars for the fourth award.
- The emblem features both an M9 Bayonet and M67 Grenade.
- A silver badge 2 inches (5.08 cm) in width overall consisting of an oak wreath supporting a rectangle bearing a bayonet surmounting a grenade, all silver.
- In comparison to the CIB, the CAB has a silver rectangle backing rather than blue, and the CAB is 1 inch shorter in length than the CIB.
- Second and subsequent award of the CAB will be indicated by superimposing one and two stars respectively, centered at the top of the badge between the points of the oak wreath.
- When worn, the CAB is worn on the left side of a jacket or blouse.
- On combat uniforms it is worn on the blouse above the “U.S. ARMY” nametape.