CB224 * Shemagh * 110×110 cm. * A10
- Shemagh CB224 Classic desert head wear
- Provides protection from sun, sand and wind
- Also useful as winter headgear
- Doubles as a useful sweat mop, dust wiper and field towel as required
- Larger version in sand only, covers helmet and face.
- Weight: 180g (6.3oz)
- Size: 110cm x 110cm ( 43in x 43in)
The Shemagh is a length of material that is wrapped around the head, commonly worn by Arabic or middle eastern desert dwellers to protect from the sun and sand. Pronounced “Schmog”. Also known as a Keffiyeh or Ghutrah. It has been adopted by military forces all over the world as a standard issue garment because of its sheer functionality. For an outdoors-man, survivalist or bushcrafter, the Shemagh can be a multi-use tool with literally 100′s of uses.
I live in a desert that can dip below freezing at night and peak over 100 degrees the very next day. I have found the Shemagh to be invaluable in both climates to regulate temperature and protect from both extreme exposures. Some of the pictures are from Willow Creek Outdoors, great survival site! I’ve included a short list of other examples and uses on the last step.